What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

me ptsd and something more

blu97

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Ordnance approved
i rather you heard it from my hand. first of all i found out i have ptsd and i batled it for 5 months hith mixed succes. thats hy i wasnt here much. I month after that i heared i have terminal cancer and i have les than one yaer to live i wil be here a much as possible but want say tanks i was allowed here ty all Erik aka Blu97

In situations like this I am lost for words. All my thoughts are with you.
DJ

Oh crap! Words fail me Erik. I'm so saddened to hear that news. Stay strong my friend, we are all here for you.

Yesterday we had a great day at the Dutch EODD facility in Soesterberg.
Eric came by ambulance from Breda and we stayed a couple of hours in the hall with all the ordnance.
there were a couple of old collegues to talk with him.
It was a great day see you again this week-end Eric.

Chris

Erik, I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you have close friends and family to support you. I was speaking with a work colleague yesterday evening whose father died of leukemia a few months ago during the Covid lockdown. His last few days were made immeasurably better when he was transferred from a hospital to a hospice. At least his family were then able to visit him and he was able to see them and know he was loved. My thoughts are with you. Matthew

Hi Erik,
Impossible to know what to say. I wish you strength and all best wishes.
Stay strong.
Dylan

Dear members,

I hereby have to tell you that our member Eric Kielman alias BLU 97 has passed away last night.
Eric was a collegague for 24 years at the Dutch EOD and will be missed.

Chris

Erik was the EOD operator that mailed me about twelve years ago to come and visit the EOD, then still stationed in Culemborg.
I learned to know Erik as a very nice person, with an impressive knowledge of ammunition.
He called me about a month ago and told me the devestating news that the doctors had told him he had a year left at most...
I visited him last week and saw things went down hill fast, but was still shocked when I got the message this morning that he passed away last night.
Much too young.
Rest in peace Erik. You will be missed.

Derk Harms

Last edited:
EXTREME CONDOLENCES, to his Family and Friends! May his memory be a gigantic blessing to all who were privileged to know him. I am so sorry and crushed hearing this news. May he rest in peace.

Jason

It is such a sad news, but when I remember Eric I see a kind, smiling man. With glass of beer and a cigarette discussing not only EOD stuff.
As Jason wrote I feel privileged to know him and to call him a friend.

May You rest in peace Eric.