What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Piat transport box

Panzerfaust

Hello.
An friend ask me for the dimensions for the part from the end cap for an rebuild.
Can someone please help me. Thanks IMG-20201028-WA0014.jpg

Theres plenty of collectors out there who have these who can spare a minute with a pair of verniers. I will ask on another site that could help for you.

A friend mentioned that these shipping end caps with the lug on are the same as the 3inch mortar shipping tubes.

I do not collect these containers but the PIAT is larger diameter than a 3" mortar so will not fit the 3" container.
I think this means the caps are also the wrong diameter and no protrusion or raised letters INF PROJ on them.

Thanks.
The end cap is not the problem. friend need the dimensions from the metal part that is in the middle from the end cap

I mis-understood and thought the protrusion was attached to the top cap. My mistake.
I do have a PIAT bomb and a cartridge to measure.
Cartridge is 22.2 - 22.4mm diameter . It is tapered.
PIAT cavity is 22.3mm tube and tapers to 24.5mm approx.at the flange. Work out the diameter of the disc from the photo or wait and hope someone supplies the actual dimensions from this item. I cannot help any more Ron.

I forgot. I have a 3" mortar tube containing 3 shells and there is no plate disc under the cap.

Last edited:
Hello.
An friend ask me for the dimensions for the part from the end cap for an rebuild.
Can someone please help me. Thanks View attachment 164407

The steel part that protrudes from end cap;
The disc diameter riveted to the end cap is 44.5mm
The protrusion is tapered from 24.31mm at the base to 20 mm at the tip.
The hole at the end of the protrusion is 9.49mm.
The protrusion is 28mm tall

DSCF4349.jpg

DSCF4350.jpg