What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

List of Service Fuzes 1915 - Fuze Hole Gauges

Bonnex

Premium/Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
The attached list fits well with Spotter's excellent list of Service fuzes. It is an extract from Ordnance Board Minutes and covers an Ordnance Board Proposal to add the Fuze Hole Gauge to the nomenclature of the fuze. The Chief Inspector Woolwich was less than enthusiastic. The OB was disbanded later in the year, not necessarily because of this proposal.

It is an interesting list for those wanting to know TPIs etc.

Fuze gauge edit2.JPG

Many thanks for the info Norman; I think that the list was also published in one of the List of Changes, but can't lay my hands on it at present. It does however list fuzes for which there are NO known drawings, examples or photos! i.e. ALL of the No. 300 series of fuzes in the list. If anyone can prove me wrong, I would be delighted as this would add to the knowledge of WW1 Fuzes.

They are all listed in my book with information with background, where used, drawing numbers,makers etc, but NO pictures or drawings! Depotman.