What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Italian Incendiary Bomb Fuzes

ron3350

I have these two fuzes or Incendiary bomb items that I need information on. I have no references.

I. Is a nose fuze for an Italian Incendiary bomb (I was told).I have no info.
Who has a diagram or information. Mazac or muck metal base with a cast brass nose piece and brass pin.
47.3mm overall. 32.5mm alloy diameter. 27.0mm brass diameter.

Italian d.jpegItalian c.jpeg

2. Was told it is an Italian Incendiary bomb part? I have no information or diagram of what this is.
The nose and body are steel and the rounded tail piece. The rest of the tail is brass.
205mm overall length. 128mm body to tip length. 44mm body diameter.
What is missing from this item? Is it a bomb part? I can return to sender if I am not happy and I know nothing at this moment.

Italian a.jpgItalian b.jpeg

As far as I know the lower one is a French igniter for a Napalm bomb. But it may also be in use with Italy.

Here some info, most probably from bocn. Incendiary and APERS bomblets.
Bob

Attachments

• DSC_7565.jpg
    DSC_7565.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 32
  • spezz.jpg
    spezz.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 28
  • spezz2.jpg
    spezz2.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 2Kg_.jpg
    2Kg_.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 2Kg.jpg
    2Kg.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 29
I thank you all for the identification as I had only a vague idea what it was. I guess I will keep it. Ron.

I read the links to the napalm igniter shown by BURNEY DAVIS.
This is the exact same item I have, same spots and burn marks. Must have been bought and sent to Australia years ago.