What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC Delay - Type 6 threads?

Scout Sniper

Hello all,

I recently picked up an amazing condition AC delay Mk1, the wooden block and booster are missing as is normal.

I have had the block made and have the dimensions of the Burster / booster but i cannot find any info on the threads used?

If anybody has original wooden block could you give dimensions so i can check i have mine correct. I have guestimated but i would prefer to have it correct.

Its the smaller fine thread on the end of the AC Delay.

My plan is to have a dummy burster made, i will just make with any thread if i have to but in the interest of perfection the correct thread would be ideal.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I recently picked up an amazing condition AC delay Mk1, the wooden block and booster are missing as is normal.

I have had the block made and have the dimensions of the Burster / booster but i cannot find any info on the threads used?

If anybody has original wooden block could you give dimensions so i can check i have mine correct. I have guestimated but i would prefer to have it correct.

Its the smaller fine thread on the end of the AC Delay.

My plan is to have a dummy burster made, i will just make with any thread if i have to but in the interest of perfection the correct thread would be ideal.

1/2-inch 26 TPI Whitworth Form [British Standard Brass]

Wow, thats great!

I really appreciate you helping me!!

Then if anybody can give me the dimensions of the wooden block that houses it i will be a very happy
I need to make the smaller of the wooden blocks not the longer Burster Mk1 blocks.

Also any idea what wood they used?? Walnut?

Last edited:
Hi Scout Sniper
I hope these pictures help. Hole depth to contain the Type 6 Burster is 52mm deep.
Do remember that some of these Burster transit blocks were made from cut down blocks for the 28A Detonator, so may not be dimensionally exact. They are usually sealed with a length of cream or khaki fabric tape.
Cheers
Switch

Attachments

• 20201108_144830_resized.jpg
    20201108_144830_resized.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 26
  • 20201108_144751_resized.jpg
    20201108_144751_resized.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20201108_145237_resized.jpg
    20201108_145237_resized.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 17
This is brilliant, thank you so much. I pretty much had dims spot on as i guessed it to be 22mm x 22mm 55mm deep and 65mm long.

I already have the fabric tape, original ww2 khaki.

Could i be cheeky and ask for a few shots of the burster itself? Lid off so i know how to make it look.

I know its brass 5/8 diameter and max length of 2" with transit cap fitted.