What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flak 18 3,7cm fuze

Jariber

Hi all

I'm looking what fuze was mounted on the 37mm double-band flak shells

I've been looking for some information, and I think they mount the next fuze: (3.7cm Kpf z Zerl Fg), but I´m not sure

I'm also interested to know that ignition was used in the base of this shell, I think that is C/33

Many thanks in advance for the information and regards

Hi Jariber,
The 3,7 cm Kpf Z Zerl Fg is one of the fuzes mounted on the 3,7 cm Sprgr.Patr. 18. My sources list also the 3,7 cm Kpf. Z. Zerl. P and 3,7 cm Kpf. Z. Zerl. Pv.
For ignition the C/13, C/33.
Cheers, Bob.

Many thanks Nabob!

Right now I just got for my projectile the c/13, thanks for the information about the three possible fuzes too

Rgds,

This is the cylinder of the projectile. I think this is a Flak 18 3.7cm, which is manufactured early. In the stopper you can read "dag 41", and in the cylinder "2 DL 726 1940" and "T 12 42", those are the manufacturing stamps that it has.

The original color is an olive green, double band of copper, and waiting to put the fuze

20201113_221353.jpg
[h=6][/h]Rgds,