Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.

Thread: ElAZ 17 fuzes

Ordnance Approved
    Thanks

ElAZ 17 fuzes

Hello to all German bomb enthusiastsI am looking for an answer concerning the ElAZ 17 fuze.Can someone explain the evolution of ElAZ 17, A and B through the stars (*).I can't find anything very specific on the subject (I'm not talking about the length of the delay).How to recognize them externally without reading the engraved number?I had come to the following conclusion:For the 17 it's very simple.For the 17 A, there is a constriction at the base of the fuze.But it seems that this constriction is a modification called "emergency" ....For the 17 B, smooth body.On the attached photo, does the 17 B still have the smooth body (green arrow) and the upper part with a groove at its base (blue arrow) ???Thank you in advance for your answers !!
    Langzeitz_nder__LZZ_17_mit_ZZ_40_Bild_1.jpg
    Any live or recovered ordnance shown in my posts is/has been dealt with by EOD personnel

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FZG76 For This Useful Post:

HAZORD (11th November 2020), pysall (12th November 2020), pzgr40 (11th November 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,574 Times in 555 Posts
    Beautiful! Did you make it yourself?
    Regards, DJH

Ordnance Approved
    Thanks
    No
    it s a picture from BOCN !
    Any live or recovered ordnance shown in my posts is/has been dealt with by EOD personnel