What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ElAZ 17 fuzes

FZG76

Ordnance approved
Hello to all German bomb enthusiastsI am looking for an answer concerning the ElAZ 17 fuze.Can someone explain the evolution of ElAZ 17, A and B through the stars (*).I can't find anything very specific on the subject (I'm not talking about the length of the delay). How to recognize them externally without reading the engraved number?I had come to the following conclusion:For the 17 it's very simple.For the 17 A, there is a constriction at the base of the fuze. But it seems that this constriction is a modification called "emergency" ....For the 17 B, smooth body.On the attached photo, does the 17 B still have the smooth body (green arrow) and the upper part with a groove at its base (blue arrow) ???Thank you in advance for your answers !!
Langzeitz_nder__LZZ_17_mit_ZZ_40_Bild_1.jpg

Helloconcerning the 17A, is there still this reduction in diameter?
All ElAZ17A 06.JPEGIt seems to me that this is a modification only for the 17A. It was to avoid removal by unscrewing thus bypassing the ZUS40!
Does anyone have any information on these two 17A models?
Thanks

Hello,
As you know, two different shape for ELAZ17 A

z17a2.jpgz17a1.jpg

I think the reduction of the second is for rubber ring. But I don't know if it's a waterproof device or anti withdrawal...
Herewith a picture with rubber sleeve on Elaz17A with reduced body.

z17a.jpg

Look a this one : ELAZ17 (so body in two parts) with a rubber joint. So, maybe this rubber sleeve is fitted for the same use on Elaz17A.

elaz17 rubber 1.jpgelaz17 rubber.jpg

Last edited:
This is my El.AZ.17 steel with rubber sleeve! Harry

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 22