What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British smoke clusterbomb?

pzgr40

Premium Member
I was told this is a british WW2 smoke clusterbomb. It has four holes in top of the canister body, and the fuze is the type normally used on the No.69, but this fuze has no thread on the cap that can fall away when turned upside down. I was told it is a British WW2 smoke clusterbomb.
Who can help me on info, like: type designation, drawings, what clusterbomb is it used in..
The length of the body is 112mm, length of the complete item (with fuze ) is 147mm, diameter is 62mm.

Thanks in advance,
Regards, DJH

Attachments

• 20201117_230110.jpg
    20201117_230110.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 20201117_230139.jpg
    20201117_230139.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Its not a cluster bomb more similar to a No 79 smoke grenade with 247 fuze and cap. Very nice. If you dont want it, pass it my way.

Have a look at post no5 by US-Subs in this topic..

Last edited:
DJ,

I can not open the link mentioned before. So I do not know what is written there. Maybe this is a double answer on your question.
In the U.S.B.D.S. document about British bombs etc. it is mentioned as a 4 lb. smoke bomb Mk I and Mk II. The markings on the picture of the bomb is: BOMB SMOKE A/C, 4 lb. I. The bomb is designed to be carried either in a 250 lb. Small bomb Containers (32 x) or the 500 lb. Cluster Projectile No. 6 Mk I, Smoke (90x).

Greetings - Antoon

1700831615903.png

Hi Antoon , I also cannot open it, but thanks for the info.
By now, both smoke bombs are cutaway models ;

Broken link but managed to find the original and replaced in the earlier post..