What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30x126B WECOM

94thFS95

Premium Member
Hello,
I recently acquired a 30x126B that had a band marking of T306, is OD green in color, and had a partial aluminum fuse.
I’ve seen the more common T328 black projectile, but am not familiar with this one. Does anyone have more information on it, or a picture with a complete fuse?
Thanks,
-Steve

Note from my forthcoming history of automatic cannon and their ammunition:

30 x 126B T239

This round used an extended version of the usual ADEN/DEFA 30 x 113B cartridge case (retaining the same 199 mm overall length) for a version of the experimental 1950s US T182 revolver cannon. The gun was intended as a tail-mounted bomber defense weapon. The round is usually found loaded with a black-painted 250 g T328 practice projectile, in which form the cartridge is designated T239 (about 45,000 were made); the HEI shell was designated T306 and the complete HEI round the T206. All had square rather than hemispherical bases. Muzzle velocity was intended to reach 914 m/s with the pressure not exceeding 275 MPa, but in practice only around 850 m/s was achieved. The overall round weight was c.500 g. Other ammunition designations were the T252 dummy and the T253 HPT. Initial production had brass cases but these proved too soft and deformable so were replaced by steel.

The T206 is the one on the right of this photo:

PART 3-40.jpg

Here are the T252 Dummy with Brass and Steel case and a belt link for this caliber.

Attachments

• 30x126.jpg
    30x126.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 23
  • Zuschneiden_29.jpg
    Zuschneiden_29.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 18
Tony, when is your "History of automatic cannon and their ammunition" going to be Published?

Tony, when is your "History of automatic cannon and their ammunition" going to be Published?

It is complete and with the publisher, who is now working on the layout and will in due course send me the proofs to check through, then there's the index to compile and so on. It seems likely to be well into next year before it hits the bookshelves - but at least it's now on the way!