What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More additions to the collection

wichitaslumlord

Premium Member
I just returned home from a small show in Leavenworth Ks. with a nice haul of items. The show had about 80 tables but there were a lot of nice items for every type of collector!
Probably the neatest is a WW2 Japanese 15.5cm naval case. It is dated September 1941 and is stamped with the Kure arsenal mark. It measures 74cm tall and the head stamps include K10 D near the date and a symbol just below the date. Any help with their meaning would be appreciated.
I also found a super nice US grenade which was originally yellow but was repainted during WW2 by dipping in OD green. It has a M10A2 fuze by Kodak. The nose cone on the right is from a Hawk missile and is a composite material so the radar guidance system can see through it. Next to it is a US leaflet dispensing bomb, then the Japanese 15.5cm case and a fairly nice German 88mm round. I also found a complete German stick grenade fuze assembly, a bit hard to find around here.
A 1943 dated 75mm M48 projectile also turned up along with a few other odds and ends.
Thanks for looking!
100_9051.jpg100_9052.jpg100_9054.jpg100_9053.jpg100_9056.jpg

The symbol under the Showa date stamp is the general IJN acceptance /inspection marking: 可 (normally used on domestically manufactured ammunition)

Cheers
Drew

Attachments

• E0DF5B81-5854-49D2-88D7-310D69D67BE9.jpeg
    E0DF5B81-5854-49D2-88D7-310D69D67BE9.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Thanks to Jim and Falcon. I was very fortunate to find it. It is the largest Japanese case I have ever encountered.
Pat