What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grenade Identification

US-Subs

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
Following a year of non-stop Covid and idiots choosing poor methods to argue their politics. I'm taking a bit of time off to unwind and refocus for a bit (called use or lose leave time). I figured it might be a good time to do some much needed updating and improvement to my grenade collection records. I'm trying to fill in some identification info on pieces that made it to the shelf, but didn't have time for a full ID. Help and discussion is always welcome.

Here are the first two - if you discount the previous thread on the Energa. I'm looking for looking for model numbers and any other information. I have a practice version of the first, which has English markings of "AT/AP 54TP". LexPev lists this as BT-AT-44, but states that he is not sure. Thoughts?

DSC_0285.jpg DSC_0333.jpg

Israelian call the first N°14 (re-use practice rifle grenade)
For the second, maybe a bocn member could translate markings.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

I believe this one to be French, but could be way off. Boosted, with three canted nozzles.

DSC_3401.jpg

Three more, Polish. The first two are identical in construction, so likely just paint missing from one. Marked CCN 73. Model number?
The odd one was given to me during a visit to a Polish EOD facility back while I was working in Europe. The tech wasn't sure what the model was, it was a field recovery. Anyone recognize it?
DSC_0339.jpgDSC_0340.jpgDSC_3450.jpg

#4 - Would appear to have been manufactured/filled in Belgium.

ASM - Arsenal des Munition, Zwijndrecht near Antwerp.

TimG

Israelian call the first N°14 (re-use practice rifle grenade)
For the second, maybe a bocn member could translate markings.

View attachment 164993View attachment 164994View attachment 164995View attachment 164996View attachment 164997View attachment 164998

jonnyc, a member both here and IAA, can decipher this. I tried to find where he had done so for my set but can't find it.

FOUND IT! : http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threa...nade?highlight=israeli+practice+rifle+grenade

Last edited:
Thanks Slick. Interesting that the markings are so far apart, not in a series. I expect that the second one is likely an export model. Here are the two side by side, pretty similar but a difference in length and the BT/AT-AP 54TP has a spotting charge and flash holes.

DSC_0285.jpgDSC_3392.jpg

Here is another, from the Bosnian war. Looking for an ID and country.

DSC_3786.jpg

I thought it was the abbreviation for a country. What country is it from?

Here is another, from the Bosnian war. Looking for an ID and country.

View attachment 165034

IMHO this is not a BR M 75.

The first image shows bodies of grenades from left to right:
BR M 75 manufacturer SRB (all leters in cyrilics)
BR-M 91
BR,M 93 manufacturer 123 (short body)
BR-M 93 manufacturer ASZ
unmarked body M75 copy the ridges are only in the lower half of the body)
unmarked body (same as the one in question)

Pic 2 shows the grenade body with M75 fuze
Third pic shows the top with 4 holes partly covered by the plug. These 4 holes are the giveaway.

As far as I could say this looks like the KAHA No1 egyptian grenade.
https://www.lexpev.nl/grenades/middleeastasia/egypt/no1defensive.html
A green variant (that can also b seen at lexpev) with a different fuze was found in Bosnia last year. (last pic)

Sorry the pics are out of focus, if you want I can make detailed photos.
Bob

Attachments

• grenade 01.JPG
    grenade 01.JPG
    283.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG03.jpg
    IMG03.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG02.jpg
    IMG02.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG01.jpg
    IMG01.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
The odd one was given to me during a visit to a Polish EOD facility back while I was working in Europe. The tech wasn't sure what the model was, it was a field recovery. Anyone recognize it?View attachment 165023

It seems to me that this one is the DGN (smoke rifle grenade). To use it one has to insert a RDG-2 (hand smoke grenade).
Bob

Attachments

• DGN.jpg
    DGN.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 34
Thanks, very interesting. The split on the forward end of my example doesn't look like impact damage, do any of the Polish smokes have a low-explosive dissemination charge?

Here are a couple more. The practice throwing dummy looks Dutch to me, but for some forgotten reason I have it logged in with UK pieces. Does anyone recognize it?
The second one I asked about several years ago, and if we ever found anything it has been forgotten. Received from a State recovery team in eastern Germany. The third is another practice, but whose, and does it have a model number? Thanks as always.

DSC_8017.jpg DSC_3679.jpg DSC_3753.jpg