What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some items

Dwight

I came across these items and would be grateful for any help identifying them! They all came from the same source and I understand that two of the items are mines. I don’t have any idea what the item with the electric cable is for but it is marked “2/43 SNE No 28 II N” and a “broad arrow”. The book contains information regarding all sorts of land mines and booby traps (American, British, German, Italian, and Japanese). All information is much appreciated!

7.jpg6.jpg5.jpg4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

The first pic is of an empty and fuzeless M2 anti personnel mine. Lots of info about those here on BOCN. And the white box looks to be a Schu-mine 42. Empty of the explosive charge but may have the fuze. No clue on the other items. Nice booklet, too.

Hi Dwight, you have an US M2 anti personnel mine body (bouncing type), on the left is a German 1kg demolition charge, Sprengbüchse 1kg, looks like it's the training model without the lid and then a German anti personnel wooden mine, Shuhmine 42, but there again it seems like it's a training version (unless it's the training version of the Finnish one). I don't know about the rest, but I am sure someone on this forum will share the knowledge. Frank

Many thanks for the information! And yes, I think it is correct that the item on the left is a German 1 kg training demolition charge missing the lid. It is made of solid steel.

Then it definitely is, since the "live" version is made of thin zinc alloy.