What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rgd-33

MINENAZ16

Ordnance approved
Hello,
Does anyone know what is the real weight of trotyl loading in the russian grenade RGD-33 ?
Internet source mentions 85 grammes and If I understand well cyrilic translation, russian documentation mentions 140 grammes. Maybe I missed something.
Regards

From a Russian manual from 1943 that I have, which covers many grenades, the weight of its bursting charge (разрывного заряда) is 140 grams.

Last edited:
It is strange all Sovjet information says 140 gram and all Western information I have says 85 gram.

It is strange all Soviet information says 140 gram and all Western information I have says 85 gram.

It's something I've seen time and time again when writing stuff on Russian weapons. Which is, Western data is commonly incorrect, or at least does not agree with what's in Russian official (not potentially dodgy internet) sources.