Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
  • Login:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Hi,
    these are all exploded and dug up artillery fuzes, no bomb fuzes, in a very bad condition. As a present I would take them but I would not pay any money for these. These are not in a collectible condition. But, the value is in the buyers eyes only.

Thanks
    Thanks for the ID.
    These fired fuzes are usually not available in Australia while UK, Germany and France have heaps of them.
    I hear that you cannot bring items from French battlefields now- I had to get what I could when it was offered. Yes the condition was poor.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ron3350 View Post
    I thought some members would like to see the ID of these 21 items. They cleaned up OK but some are a bit rough.
    Germany.
    Gr.Z 14 Brass top . G 15 picture required
    Gr.Z.14 O. J 15 (Ingoldstat Arsenal).
    Gr.Z.14 n/A * TKD. 16 ="TeKaDe" aka. Telefon- Kabel- und Drahtwerke AG
    Gr.Z.14 n/A O D? C&Co. 17 =probably Dr. C. & Co. = Dr. Cassierer & Co.
    Gr.Z.14 n/A * (star) A 17 picture required
    Gr.Z.04 missing the nose. sb 15. (Strassgurg Arsenal) = Feuerwerkslaboratorium Siegburg
    Gr.Z.04 steel nose. SWN 17 =SachsenWerk Niedersedlitz (today Dresden)
    H.Z.05.Gr ? 15 Missing the 2 aluminium rings.
    KZ.Gr.Z.14 * (star) M 15picture required
    KZ.Gr.Z.14 * TKD 15 see above
    I commented above. For the research of factory stamps such "wrecks" are still useful and interesting - thanks for showing. Would be happy to see a lot more of such fuzes.
    Last edited by Alpini; 17th December 2020 at 02:58 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alpini For This Useful Post:

ron3350 (18th December 2020)

Thanks
    1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpgThanks Alpini for your ID comments. We all cannot find mint condition fuzes and I also was interested in the makers ,types and years.
    Do you have a reference list of German fuze makers? I only have a 2nd Ed "Notes on German Fuzes " Naval & Military Press.
    Here are the 3 requested photos plus an extra one. NOTE: it is not M 15 but some monogram . My mistake noted when I enlarged the photo.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ron3350 For This Useful Post:

Alpini (19th December 2020)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 633 Posts
    The "SM" Monogram is not surely identified but the same monogram was used on shells and there it is the "Sorauer Maschinenfabrik vorm. Wilhelm Heckel". You can see that this fuze was made very early in the war: the fuze designation is hand-stamped. Later this factory used professional roll-stamps.

F.G. = Armaturen-Fabrik F. Gaebert G.m.b.H., Berlin

C.L. is not yet identified as there are to much possible fuze producing factories for which this combination would fit.

I think the "A" manufacturer is missing one or more other letters (F.M.A. maybe?), may be visible after removing the rust around the small screw. It's also possible that the hole for the screw destroyed one letter.

There are no listes about german factory stamps known to have survived. The small lists in the Notes on German Fuzes (and french equivalents) are the only known sources but when I started researching the stamps I noticed that half of them are wrong:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Alpini; 18th December 2020 at 09:42 PM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alpini For This Useful Post:

DICKAREN (19th December 2020), ron3350 (19th December 2020), TimG (19th December 2020), Yodamaster (19th December 2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12