What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknon hand grenade - what is it?

Anders

Ordnance Approved/premium membership
Ordnance approved
I have never seen this one before, can anyone help with the identification?
image1.jpgimage0.jpgimage3.jpg

From what I'm looking at, has a large bracket over or used as the "spoon" thus not very functional for use in the hand. But could be a bracket for use as a trip flare or booby trap. Also has a threaded bottom part, what's that for? Maybe a rifle grenade attachment or an attachment for a stake or mount like on trip flares and booby traps. There are many trip flares that look like grenades as well, this why I was thinking trip flare.

I was leaning more toward marine marker?

From what I'm looking at, has a large bracket over or used as the "spoon" thus not very functional for use in the hand. But could be a bracket for use as a trip flare or booby trap. Also has a threaded bottom part, what's that for? Maybe a rifle grenade attachment or an attachment for a stake or mount like on trip flares and booby traps. There are many trip flares that look like grenades as well, this why I was thinking trip flare.
The threaded bottom part may have the same utility than the USMC Mk21 blast grenade

Attachments

• USMC Mk21 .jpg
    USMC Mk21 .jpg
    148 KB · Views: 27
Hi guys,
I think the nationality is Danish, is not really the same but really close
OntaHandbombe 1916.JPG

From what I found out so far it is that the housing is magnetic and that the grenade is a KH m/39. Loaded the weight is ca 340g!

The threadded bottom part is for a delayed detonator. The measurements are as follows.

The word KOLD indicates it is a practice grenade.
I haven't found any thing on the Internet though, so all options are still open.
IMG_20201221_003328_299.jpgIMG_20201221_003322_467.jpgIMG_20201221_003343_905.jpgIMG_20201221_003336_255.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201221_003352_205.jpg
    IMG_20201221_003352_205.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 14