What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Id grenade (2)

MINENAZ16

Ordnance approved
Hello,

A rainy winter day, so I spent time on Digitaltmuseum and I found grenades, sometimes with strange and maybe wrong references.

These are described as Italian R28 or Belgian (??).
The first with bottle shape looks like Brazilian BMB with different top. The fuze seems to be the same as Brazilian.
More information ?

Regards

r28 2.jpgBelge.jpgSans titre.jpgSans titre2.jpg

r28.jpg0.jpg1.jpg2.jpg

Belgain a.jpgBelgian b.jpgNobody has answered your query and I am not sure I can add much info.
Your bottom 4 grenades look Belgian and have 7 segments on the body. What is the body diameter, base and body height?
I have what I call a Belgian grenade but no model info.
It is 39.5mm body , 45.5mm base, 80mm body and 110mm long with the fuze.
It has 6 body segments and 2 wider sections on the third segment. What is my model?

Sorry no other details.
You model is for sure from the same series
Seems to be hand and rifle (tromblon) grenade.

Last edited:
I hope someone figures this one out sometime. I've had the stick grenade version of it for many years and have never been able to identify it.

P1070980.jpg

The grenade in question are sure NOT Italian as reported. I remember that it was made after ww1 modifying the stick grenade shown in the picture above. Belgian or Brasilian??