What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW1 Mills Grenade box

gothica7

Premium Member
I have recently had the pleasure of obtaining a wooden WW1 Mills grenade box from Belgium that contained 12 no5s. It has survived in pretty good condition, ok, its missing the ropes and a couple of pieces of wood on the lid but nevertheless it must be almost as rare a find as hens teeth. I have cleaned off most of the mud and given it a couple of coats of clear cuprinol to stop any rot and i must say it looks good. Its a bit soft in places but having spent 90+ years in the ground it looks pretty good. i am very pleased and honoured to have it and it will be looked after.

Andy

Attachments

• Picture127-1.jpg
    Picture127-1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Picture120-1.jpg
    Picture120-1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Picture121.jpg
    Picture121.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Picture124.jpg
    Picture124.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Picture126.jpg
    Picture126.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 40
Very neat! I love those old boxes.

I have a German WW1 "Gew. Gr.17" box for the '17 rfile grenades. Will haul it out and post pics in a bit.

Thanks for posting these they are most interesting. Amazing that any of these old boxes survived!

- Best Regards, Mike