What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown German? fuze marked 24 seconds

ulaire

A while ago I got this fuze on a fleamarket, and have not yet been able to identify it. The seller told me her husband got it while fishing just outside the Belgian coast (near Nieuwpoort).
It looks German (but could be Belgian too) and is about the same size as a Dopp.Z.S/43 naval fuze. But it's graded to 24 seconds, so it does not seem to fit any of the more wellknown fuzes.

I saw that this thread mentioning a ZeitZünder S24 for star shells: http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/90821-Star-shells but it does not have pictures.

This thread has a picture: www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/72623-Zt-Z-S-24-for-7-7cm-Leuchtgeschoss but it does not seem to match mine.

s24-01.jpgs24-02.jpgs24-03.jpg

Hello,
Remnants of ww1 German 7.6cm minenwerfer projectille fuze LwmZdr.
Regards

Ah damn... how could I have missed that... never thought of that because of the "found at sea" story.
Thanks for the help!