What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice ordnance website

A happy New Year to you all. This website is a treasure. Sweden and Norway were never invaded and bombed in any war, so all that beautiful historical stuff has survived intact. I do not understand swedish , norwegian and finnish languages. Yesterday I searched in the above digital museum collection for 2 finnish items that were bought by Sweden in WW2 from Finnland. The "Jaeger Platoon" website in english names these 2 items as :" Blaze Trap m/43 "and "Bang Alarm m/41". These were set up in barbed wire entanglements to warn the guards of a breach of their defence line. Does anyone have pictures and best detailed technical drawings of these 2 items ? May be one of our swedish , norwegian and finnish members has an answer.
Bellifortis.

I believe there was a contingent of German military personnel who visited Norway without invitation in 1940 and stayed until 1945.

Sweden and Norway were never invaded and bombed in any war
Wow... it's tempting to make a comment on the quality of the history-subject in German schools, but I'll just suggest you spend a few minutes browsing through google-searches like "Norway war" and "Sweden war"... (if you go back a couple of hundred years, you'll even see that we have several wars between us).

Yes, you are all right regarding Norway. I really ment Sweden. But, Sweden and Norway now work together on this digital museum. Sorry that I named the 2 countries together. My mistake. Most of the entries, especially that really excellent, historic material, going back a few hundred years, is situated in Sweden which was never occupied by a foreign power. The northern countries always had a special relationship and traded among themselfes. Finland, after WW2 was kind of locked up behind the iron curtain, and unknown territory in europe up till about 20 years ago. Even now information is sparse. My question was for fotos or technical drawings of the finnish "Blaze Trap m/43" and the "Bang Alarm m/41" that also was sold, in some quantity, to Sweden.

Wow... it's tempting to make a comment on the quality of the history-subject in German schools, but I'll just suggest you spend a few minutes browsing through google-searches like "Norway war" and "Sweden war"... (if you go back a couple of hundred years, you'll even see that we have several wars between us).
hi @natter,
I must admit that my historical knowledge regarding the history of Sweden and Norway is rudimentary at best. But, I think, that you also will admit that Sweden was never occupied. There shure were always some differences among the powers that be, but generally the North got along quite well. So, in its museums artifacts are preserved that you won't find elsewhere in any other country. Do you, as a northman, have any info about the 2 items I asked about ?
regards,
Bellifortis.