What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panzerfaust primer assembly info required

peregrinvs

Hi,

You may have seen my post in the wanted section about how I’m looking for a primer assembly for a Panzerfaust 100 tube. I haven’t had any offers, but it has occurred to me that all you would need is a short length of a suitably sized bolt to connect the retention nut to the body of the tube. (And I know where I can get a retention nut)

It so happens that I have a 10mm tap with a 1.5mm thread pitch: the diameter looks about right, but it won’t screw in - possibly because it has a 1.25mm thread pitch and / or the diameter is slightly less than 10mm.

So a bit of an obscure one - could anyone tell me what the correct diameter and thread pitch is?

Thanks,
Mark
0DB1ADD9-1444-4599-A531-F0033FB346D6.jpg

Hi Mark if it's the same thread size as the German mines /demolition gear its M10 x 1.0

Thank you. That gives me something to work with. It may be a case of experimenting with random bolts until I find one that fits.

You will be lucky to find a bolt with an M10x1mm pitch thread if that is what it is. They are not common.

M10x1.25 are around, they are used in for example in some car brake assemblies.

M10x1.5 is the standard M10 thread, and is by far the most commonly found M10 bolt type.

I've found some M10x1mm bolts for sale on eBay, although they do seem to be uncommon.

I've borrowed a picture of the parts I'm looking for in case it helps. I was hoping someone who owns an example of this component could measure the diameter of the threaded part?

Panzerfaust primer.jpg

Mystery solved... it is a 10mm bolt with a 1mm thread pitch. Thanks again to Big Dave for his suggestion. :tinysmile_grin_t: