What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian fuze 36-sec

MINENAZ16

Ordnance approved
Hello,

It's the first time I see this fuze (russian design).
Seems to be used by finnish (the fuze is described in the Finnish documentation).
I never saw a russian documentation on this fuze. Did russians used it as 36-СЕК ?
I know japanese used also a 36s made of brass with a different top cap and different thread.

Regards

Finnish
36sec p83.jpg

I never saw a russian documentation on this fuze. Did russians used it as 36-СЕК ?
I know japanese used also a 36s made of brass with a different top cap and different thread.
Yes, they did! And you are right - fuze is Japanese. Bought during WW1.
Also maybe was producing in USSR after WW1.
001.jpg002.jpg

Just wonder where's the connection between both images? The japanese fuze is well known, but it isn't the russian fuze from the finish documents.

The japanese fuze is a double action fuze, the russian a time fuze. Long range time fuze - anti aircraft?

Last edited:
The japanese fuze is a double action fuze, the russian a time fuze. Long range time fuze - anti aircraft?
Here you are Red army document, not Russian empire.
Also 36 sec, japanese and double action. I don`t think that Finnish forces had something another. Finnish picture looks like double action aswell.
IMG_9490.jpg

I think you misunderstood my question? This japanese fuze I and most other already know but the fuze from the initial post is much different (except three rings and 36 sec.). It has the small "chimney" on top and also the normal russian thread and is made from Aluminium with only the top cap made from brass (so the normal russian material combination and the opposite of the japanese fuze).

I think you misunderstood my question? This japanese fuze I and most other already know but the fuze from the initial post is much different (except three rings and 36 sec.). It has the small "chimney" on top and also the normal russian thread and is made from Aluminium with only the top cap made from brass (so the normal russian material combination and the opposite of the japanese fuze).

And If I understand "Aikasytytin" should be "time fuze"
Really russian xx-sec shape (aluminium body and brass top).

36s Finnish.jpg