What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving abroad.

Drunken matelot

Hi
This came up in a group discussion the other day and thought I would see what people think. It’s probably been covered before but I can only find answers to posting stuff through couriers from and to the U.K.
Has anyone had issues when using a removal company to move their whole house abroad in regard to inert cases and shells.

It depends what the destination country is.

Some do not allow ownership of even fired cases or inert ordnance.

When moving to North Korea I assume it may be wise to leave it in the UK
But even when moving to countries with an "easy" law concerning inert ordnance (collecting) the moving it over the border may be a bigger problem than owning it. Take the USA for instance.

Last edited:
In france I know there is a law prohibiting civillians from posessing any ordnance -even inert- although it can be bought at any flea market and antiques shop in abundance. In spain I do not know, but we have Spanish members, so they may be able to tell.
A disadvantage at the moment is that the UK is no part of the EU anymore, so every container with goods is subject to inspection. A year ago this would not have been a problem.
Regards, DJH

Well, both are EU countries, so as soon as the container with goods has made it through customs in France there is no problem anymore. However, the goods will be handled according to the laws of the country where custom checks them in and I think there has to be a list with goods per container. As laws on ammo differ from country to country in the EU, they will primary be subject to French law I presume.
If it's a moving company doing the transfer from the UK to Spain they should know.

Last edited: