What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bomb, 250lb SAP

pedro

Ordnance approved
had an itch to make a model of subject item which I destroyed in 2001 on a remote coral atoll of the coast of Queensland. Atoll was a WWII air weapons and naval gunfire range, still out of bounds as a. highly contaminated with UXO and b. Is a turtle nesting sanctuary. Thus the fishing overnight was pretty good.
Starting with a pam drawing transferred to CAD and printed in sections (bomb body in two pieces, tail fin adapter, fins x 4, fin shroud and yet to be installed a base fuze.

Pages from OP 1665 UK EO WWII.jpgfinal 250lb SAP.jpgPR and WA Fairfax 2001 EOD_Page_1a.jpgPR and WA Fairfax 2001 EOD_Page_1b.jpgPR and WA Fairfax 2001 EOD_Page_2a.jpgPR and WA Fairfax 2001 EOD_Page_2b.jpgPR and WA Fairfax 2001 EOD_Page_3a.jpgPR and WA Fairfax 2001 EOD_Page_4.jpgwazfish2.JPG

Interesting post, its always good to see UXO in the flesh. Military ranges in the UK are havens for wildlife too. More pics of both welcome! Nice replica btw!

Is there a place on the Web where it is possible to download 3D drawings of ordnance?
Or is anyone here willing to share their drawings?
I would love to have the drawing of the 500lb S.A.P. so I can 3D print one.

Last edited:
Is there a place on the Web where it is possible to download 3D drawings of ordnance?
Or is anyone here willing to share their drawings?
I would love to have the drawing of the 500lb S.A.P. so I can 3D print one.

Well I found a place on the net that has several bombs and ordnance for free download.
Just enter the word "Bomb" in the search window and 18 pages with with ordnance will emerge, some good items and some not so good items. I am in the process of printing this 100lb bomb: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3157177