Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
  • Login:

Thread: Bomb, 250lb SAP

Ordnance Approved
    Images
    Thanks

Bomb, 250lb SAP

had an itch to make a model of subject item which I destroyed in 2001 on a remote coral atoll of the coast of Queensland. Atoll was a WWII air weapons and naval gunfire range, still out of bounds as a. highly contaminated with UXO and b. Is a turtle nesting sanctuary. Thus the fishing overnight was pretty good.
    Starting with a pam drawing transferred to CAD and printed in sections (bomb body in two pieces, tail fin adapter, fins x 4, fin shroud and yet to be installed a base fuze.

Pages from OP 1665 UK EO WWII.jpgfinal 250lb SAP.jpgPR and WA Fairfax 2001 EOD_Page_1a.jpgPR and WA Fairfax 2001 EOD_Page_1b.jpgPR and WA Fairfax 2001 EOD_Page_2a.jpgPR and WA Fairfax 2001 EOD_Page_2b.jpgPR and WA Fairfax 2001 EOD_Page_3a.jpgPR and WA Fairfax 2001 EOD_Page_4.jpgwazfish2.JPG
    Any Live or Recovered ordnance shown in my posts was dealt with accordingly by EOD personnel (usually me)

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pedro For This Useful Post:

Anders (14th February 2021), BMG50 (31st January 2021), Darkman (15th February 2021), doppz92 (23rd February 2021), HAZORD (31st January 2021), Joerg (31st January 2021), Snufkin (22nd February 2021)

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    Interesting post, its always good to see UXO in the flesh. Military ranges in the UK are havens for wildlife too. More pics of both welcome! Nice replica btw!
    Always seeking British flares and 2" mortar rounds.

Ordnance Approved
    Images
    Thanks
    1:4 scale model
    Last edited by pedro; 14th February 2021 at 06:26 AM. Reason: broken Link
    Any Live or Recovered ordnance shown in my posts was dealt with accordingly by EOD personnel (usually me)

Ordnance Approved/premium membership
    Images
    Thanks
    Is there a place on the Web where it is possible to download 3D drawings of ordnance?
    Or is anyone here willing to share their drawings?
    I would love to have the drawing of the 500lb S.A.P. so I can 3D print one.
    Last edited by Anders; 21st February 2021 at 08:20 PM.
    "All live or dug ordnance shown in my posts has been dealt with by qualified EOD personnel"

Ordnance Approved/premium membership
    Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    Is there a place on the Web where it is possible to download 3D drawings of ordnance?
    Or is anyone here willing to share their drawings?
    I would love to have the drawing of the 500lb S.A.P. so I can 3D print one.

Well I found a place on the net that has several bombs and ordnance for free download.
    Just enter the word "Bomb" in the search window and 18 pages with with ordnance will emerge, some good items and some not so good items. I am in the process of printing this 100lb bomb: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3157177
    "All live or dug ordnance shown in my posts has been dealt with by qualified EOD personnel"