Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
  • Login:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,157 Posts
    The original post, with the sign that started the whole chase, is in the Bombatorium thread, post #303. Durango Colorado.
    All dug or live ordnance shown in my posts is under EOD control and has been or will be dealt with accordingly by EOD personnel

Ordnance Approved
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,939 Times in 1,294 Posts
    In France an explosive snow arrow (about 1m80 long) was used (I don't know if this system is still in use).

http://www.lacroix-defense.com/produ...her&pole=civil

An older model, "RUGGIERI Type 1731 pour avalancheur " was used in the 80's (diam 35mm - length : 1.85m - body aluminium - fins and top plug orange plastic)

Ruggieri.jpg
    Last edited by MINENAZ16; 6th February 2021 at 01:07 PM.
    Any Live or Dug ordnance shown by me has been disposed of by EOD personnel .

Ordnance Approved
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,939 Times in 1,294 Posts
    And Swiss used 8.3cm Army rockets...

lanceroquette-suisse.jpg
    Any Live or Dug ordnance shown by me has been disposed of by EOD personnel .

Thanks
    As a first responder and contractor for many agencies living in colorado, I have seen 5 different systems used. 105mm howitzer, 106mm recoiless rifle, 2 different pneumatic systems that use proprietary ammo and set by hand charges (which is the least used because of cost and danger). They fly up on helos and either drop them out the cabin or drop off the guys who set them by hand (which is uncommon). These systems can be towed in, mounted on trailers, trucks or even rail cars. The pneumatic ammo I have seen is usually bright orange color, some even resembling military ordnance. In recent years there has been complaints and worry of the use of military weapons, the public (which is super liberal here in CO) question why these agencies and companies have military cannons. They also worry about them being used in crime and the safe storage of the weapon and ammo. Like someone was going to steal it and use it against the public which is ridiculous. Also as mentioned the scarcity of ammo for the 105mm HOW and 106mm RR. It wont be long till the military systems will be phased out to a "less scray and dangerous" pneumatic systems.
    Last edited by Kaptainssurplus; 7th February 2021 at 05:13 AM.

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,157 Posts
    Minenaz, very similar to the Italian one pictured above.
    All dug or live ordnance shown in my posts is under EOD control and has been or will be dealt with accordingly by EOD personnel

Thanks
    More info and pictures about "DELTA K" products : http://delta-k.co.uk/avalanche-control

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12