What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belgian 155mm projectile

ulaire

I was browsing through my old photo's and came across these. I always wondered what they were exactly.
Photo's were taken in the Artillery museum of Brasschaat in Belgium. The sign says "shells of 155mm calibre with time-tube used during world war I".
Does anyone have more info on these?

DSCF6761.jpg DSCF6762.jpg

Hello,
Inert Drill but not exactly 155mm 95lb Mk1, the groove on the bottom is missing.
I already found one in ww2 aera in France with this difference. I assume a variant.

155 drill.jpg

Last edited:
I thought that the part holding the driving band was 'free' and could slide along the (rod ?), because depending on if you use it on the gun or in the howitzer, there are different diameter driving bands

I thought that the part holding the driving band was 'free' and could slide along the (rod ?), because depending on if you use it on the gun or in the howitzer, there are different diameter driving bands

You are right, I never took time to read the documentation, and the ring could move up and down, so same shell.