What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AZ and ZZ fuzes

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
I am wondering is there a AZ1505 fuze? I have seen images of it on a Russian picture, but don't find it anywhere else. The ZZ1505 is all I can find.

Any help would be great.

Joe

Attachments

• 4897181.jpg
    4897181.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 39
Looking at the drawing it’s a mistake. U can see the Minengranate has a green band under the fuze indicating that there is a self-destruct element. Because the pictured ones don’t have a tracer , self destruct element has to be in the fuze , therefor ZZ 1505 would be used. Theres more documents that mention AZ 1505 , but I believe it is a typing mistake in most cases. All documents I can think of that mention the AZ 1505 , or at least those I can think of are all documents made after the war or by foreign nations like one of the Allied nations descriptions.

It’s not impossible that such a fuze existed at a point , yet in this case it should be a ZZ 1505 (indicated by the paint markings)

Well , if you really want to go in detail , u could say AZZ Aufschlag-Zerlegerzünder 1505. But the designation on any fuze or box I’ve ever seen is ZZ 1505