Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
  • Login:
    Thanks

Government Explosives Groups

I hope someone can me with some information regarding Government Explosives Groups. Google has not been very helpful and the digital regulations pamphlets I have don't make it clear to me either.

So far I have seen examples of these group numbers both in labels and stenciled with numbers 6 for Naval, number 8 for Land Service and number 10 for Air Force.
    But I have seen pictures of boxes for Land Service with numbers 6 as well as number 11.

Can anyone tell me which numbers were used for Land Service Groups and what these numbers represent?
    I am restoring boxes and would like to recreate these Land Service labels but don't want to stick group numbers on the wrong box.

Cheers!
    Group_label.jpgBox_group-label_image.jpg

Thanks
    Perhaps this is what you are looking for. Is is from a post war RAF handbook, though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greif For This Useful Post:

AMMOTECHXT (3rd March 2021), MarcdeB (3rd March 2021)

Ordnance Approved
    Thanks
    I don't think that different numbers were used by different services. I think that all UK armed services would have used the same system, just as Hazard Classification Codes and Compatability Groups are used now.
    Any live or dug ordnance shown in my posts has been dealt with accordingly by eod personel

Thanks
    I seem to recall that the late Tony Edwards had a website for British ammunition thwt had details of packaging and labeling. Not sure where to find it though.

Roger.