What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW2 US Mk2A1 (Pineapple) Grenade

Dugup

Ordnance approved
Hi All

Can any one please tell me the thread size of the M10A3 series fuse assemblY on the Mk 2A1 grenade?

I have a load of battlefield recovered bodies and want to complete them with dummy fuzes, so need to re-cut the threads on the neck of the gren bodies.

Many Thanks

Jay Howe
IMAS Level III EOD

Just a suggestion, do not rethread the bodies, if you do so you will just devalue them. People will think they are fake as well, because the fakes have the larger modern thread pattern, not to mention they will be totally incorrect. Your best route is either getting original real fuzes, if that is too much then get reproduction M10 fuzes.

Sorry I read your post wrong, if they are real MK2A1 bodies they should have the correct thread pattern for the M10 fuzes. If they have the larger modern thread pattern (M228,M213 fuzes) they are not original bodies.

Just noticed that nobody had actually answered your initial question yet. If you need a tap to chase corroded threads in WWII MKII bodies, the proper size is 9/16-12. The larger fuze threads used during Vietnam and later are 5/8-11.