What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry and Megan Interview on Oprah

M8owner

It seems an ICBM has been launched from the US targeting the UK. I wonder what kind of blast radius it will have? I used to not care about the Royal family. However, it is such a unique organization that I can no longer help myself and read every scrap of information and watch every show (Crown) there is about it. I do not understand why anyone would voluntarily sign up to join it - the whole gilded cage thing and life under the media microscope.

Last edited:
On itself there is not much more than the average in law family trouble that would simply vanish if no attention was given to it. Regretfully it's the tabloid papers and sewer rats like this Piers Morgan that do everything to keep the fight going and make money out of hindering these people's privicy and fill the papers on a daily basis with this absolute nonsense. It really annoys me that at the moment it's even front page news in the Dutch papers. As if no more important things are happening in the world.

Last edited:
I think the Royal lifestyle was pretty good until the 1970's then the British Tabloid press decided to try to destroy the image of the Royals and have never let up since then.

The Queen is quite simply a wonderful person. She sets an example very few can follow.

I fully understand where Harry and Megan are coming from. Their lives and that of Harry's mother were made unbearable by the press. It seems the world's press have followed suit as well.

Not really an event in France, mentioned in the press but French do not care (I hope !)
Another country, another history, another culture.

You clearly don't read Paris Match! It can't get enough of Royals from any European Country no matter how minor they may be.

This isn't really an ordnance related subject but just thought I'd say that the only one that matters is the sitting Monarch, not a part time TV person and someone that will never be king.

classic media attention (which they want to get away from) yep typical family problems, racial prejudice brought up and suicidal thoughts will get some sympathy but more will be cynical. Lets face it Archie was never going to be a prince nor get personal protection and its not because he has black blood in his ancestry. Bet Charles and William are not the only people trapped in the family business.

what a load of attention seeking Crap, thats the cleanest comment i can make :tinysmile_angry2_t:

When you look at the front pages of the Daily Star for the last week you can see what the young Royals are up against. The Daily Star makes the gutter press look respectable.

This isn't really an ordnance related subject but just thought I'd say that the only one that matters is the sitting Monarch, not a part time TV person and someone that will never be king.

Maybe we could find something related to EOD !

harry_apache_afghanistan.jpg

The current system appears to destroy a good percentage of those subjected to it. I suppose the same can be said for fame and fortune anywhere.

While I can understand the pair wanting a separate life as not in line to the throne they might as well. A different temperment would have seen
them through it but we are who we are, certainly though she is no Mary or Alexandra - They will end up like Edward Vlll & Wallace,out yet wanting to be in. They were paid I heard 7 million for this ~ So who's benifitting from the press/media now?

It could be that as so often happens after a serious loss that Harry has married his "Mother" so to speak.

Ordnance related subject matter attached as requested ~ :xd:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 9.23.09 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 9.23.09 AM.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Mick
How right you are. It is all attention seeking and at the end of the day...." who cares ". If they are unhappy.....go away and live your life out of the public gaze....but suddenly there are things that need to be told about the Royals ??? Why ?? You hate being hounded by the Press.....go away and ignore them.
What a lot of hot air about 2 very insignificant has beens.
Like the comment about who his Dad is Millsbomber..... been on a lot of minds for years no matter what that other insignificant twerp, Paul Burrell says.

As an American, I am not quite sure what you UK chaps are saying about Prince Charles. "Crown" did not make him look good at all. I am reasonably sure most in the UK love the queen. However, I seem to be getting the impression that Charles is not loved as much.

The Queen, and this is a personal view, is sacrosanct and has done an amazing job over the years. Her sense of family and devotion to duty are an example to us all. That might sound a little 19th centuryish and probably is, but I think that is the way she is seen by most.
Charles also has done what was required of him and did as he was told/expected. Did he really want to marry Diana ?? Seems not and look at the results.
Standards have been lowered considerably over the years..just look at the Sarah Ferguson debacle and now with Harry it seems to be happening again. Should not the Royal family have raised their standards again ? I think so, but, personal view only.
Once again, personally speaking, I think Charles has all the right ideas to be a very good monarch as indeed has his son William, who has shown time and time again that he will be a caring monarch with his finger right on the pulse of the nation.
Just my personal feelings on the subject.