What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry and Megan Interview on Oprah

As an American, I am not quite sure what you UK chaps are saying about Prince Charles. "Crown" did not make him look good at all. I am reasonably sure most in the UK love the queen. However, I seem to be getting the impression that Charles is not loved as much.

I think public opinion changes with the tides about Charles.

He is often well regarded, especially by the green lobby and traditionalists. But the shadow of Diana never really goes away. People seem happy that he is at last happy with Camilla, who was obviously always his true love.

He does a good job as a Royal. Makes millions from the Duchy of Cornwall estate and is not a drain on public funds.

The Crown made him look a bit dithery and immature and maybe he was before Diana died. He's certainly grown up since then.

you have to remember the interview was (probably) a rehearsed event with questions agreed beforehand to get info out and make points. I love the 'Queens' reply, dignified and concise. Sure someone mentioned baby's colour, you do with mixed children its curiosity but if what it might mean if too dark was mentioned then that would make it racist.

I suspect it was just one of those throw away remarks....like you make when your blond daughter marries a red headed guy....you might innocently say..." wonder if any future babies will be gingers ". No harm intended, none implied. It seems to be just a ploy by the needy couple to garner sympathy. Seems to have worked with a whole raft of gullible people.
I agree Clive, the Queen's reply struck just the right note, mildly conciliatory but showing that she will not bow to any pressure.
Maybe the final word should go to Piers Morgan !!!!

unfortunatly for Piers he says what a lot of people in the street think, quite loudly. The media has to be politically correct and pander to minorities he forgets that. I'm sure he's not the only one who thought mental health is like back ache, cant be proven except in extreme cases and its easy to play the race card unless you're white a Christian.

Well. I don't know about the rest of you but I personally am getting rather tired and fed up with being politically correct. What does that even mean ? Just because the government panders to anyone with an axe to grind is taking away my freedom of speech and is damaging MY human rights. I am being censored and told what to do and say at every turn and it is not right.
I cannot believe how far things here have gone down hill in the last 15 years. This is supposed to be the cradle of democracy....REALLY ????
Time for a rethink

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

I think this H&M thing is a British revenge. We have a wonderful family here called Kardashians, and H&M thing is taking our attention from important aspects like what would Kardashians wear tomorrow.

I think this H&M thing is a British revenge. We have a wonderful family here called Kardashians, and H&M thing is taking our attention from important aspects like what would Kardashians wear tomorrow.

Like - very little?

Nice description of political correctness...like it.
Gone are the days when you could have an opinion, or even express your own, personal point of view.
I saw on TV on Sunday morning that "they" are trying to make any expression of misogyny a hate crime !!!!!
There is only one answer for it and I am going to lock myself in my little shed with my ammunition, guitars and books..... and a lot of records and wait until the aliens arrive with a better way of life.
Oh, and by way of a warning...... NEVER BOOK A FLIGHT WITH KIWI.COM