What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOE Switch No.3 Safety Pin

Scout Sniper

Hello again friends,

I know, everything i have needs a safety pin!

Does anybody have a spare safety pin for the Switch No.3 release or can provide me pictures and dimensions to make a replacement.

Many thanks

Not sure if there are two types, but its a very simple thing to make. I don't have a safety pin on the two i got so i cant help you out. You need the wire thickness length of pin and diameter of inside loop.

Hello,

I do not have a problem in making one, but it's important to me it looks correct.

I have noticed there appears to be 2 different types, one in a 'P' shape and the other the eyelet is central to the pin. I haven't worked out yet if it is different manufacturers or the updated spring version.

The most important dimension is the diameter and eyelet size.

Hello,

I do not have a problem in making one, but it's important to me it looks correct.

I have noticed there appears to be 2 different types, one in a 'P' shape and the other the eyelet is central to the pin. I haven't worked out yet if it is different manufacturers or the updated spring version.

The most important dimension is the diameter and eyelet size.

There were two design options for the Safety Pin. Herewith the 'alternative' design drawing from MD1.

MD1-3717.jpg