What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Italian PO grenade WW1

Millsman

Premium Member
Can anyone give me some information about the Italian PO allways grenade. It looks like a development of the BDP grenade. Any information on dates or a sectional drawing would be appreciated.

Many thanks for the diagram.

The PO I saw a few years ago had a body more like a BDP though.

The body of PO (Petardo Offensivo) is made by sheet can tin ; the OLERGON fuze is a all-ways impact. It exist also a PD (Petardo Difensivo) model with a heavy cast iron fragmentation jacket inside the can tin. And a PI (Petardo Incendiario) filled with WP. If interested there is a book, in Italian sorry, about ww1 grenades.

The body of PO (Petardo Offensivo) is made by sheet can tin ; the OLERGON fuze is a all-ways impact. It exist also a PD (Petardo Difensivo) model with a heavy cast iron fragmentation jacket inside the can tin. And a PI (Petardo Incendiario) filled with WP. If interested there is a book, in Italian sorry, about ww1 grenades.

Please excuse me Francesco. I've checked back on the photos I took of the PO and yes the body is tin plate and the BDP was cast iron. So you are correct. Thanks.

My mistake (memory!)