What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2.8 cm schwere Panzerbüchse 41

2.8 cm schwere Panzerbüchse 41 or "Panzerbüchse 41" casing.

Marking are as follows;

P345 Maker Mark - Silva- Metallwerke Gmbh
Dated 1940
Waffenamt acceptance mark at the bottom
12f - Batch Number?
2 x Triangles denote reloaded/reworked?

Just checking to see if I have this right regarding the markings and also how rare as I have been told they are rare. If so what sort of price are they?

DSC01843.jpg
DSC01842.jpg
DSC01857.jpg

Last edited:
Triangles denote cases that did not pass inspection for use as operational ammo, but were deemed fit for use with Üb (practice) projectiles if I"m not mistaken.

Wish I had the projectile.
Try putting a request in the "wanted" section. A lot were found a few years back, someone is bound to have some knocking around somewhere. They are usually missing the original magnesium cap but still look good.
Good luck in your search
Dave.

On this case (no pun intended), the all steel Üb projectile, without tungsten core would have been loaded. Basically a flanged solid shot.

Yes it was, do you think the price was ok?

I guess the difficult thing about pricing this is its just a case. I must have owned a dozen or so complete ones over the last 30 years from a bent relic case and projectile that cost about £20 to a mint HE crimped in round that was over £400. I've personally never seen a case for sale on its own. If I were you I'd get a projectile for it and sell it as a complete round but if you're desperate to sell it less than £100 would be more realistic.
Dave.

Thanks pzgr40/42 for saying what those triangles meant. I provided the original poster here with the information over on the WRF. I had based my knowledge on what I remembered regarding a P345 20mm round on the FLAK 2cm website and I rechecked the site and that was on a practice round. So that’s pretty cool to know it was only practice rounds and it doesn’t mean reloaded. Should of realised that wasn’t the case since it’s usually that little textured ring around the casing that means it was reloaded at some point

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field-equipment-accessories-third-reich/brass-casing-788561/