Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
  • Login:

Thread: WW2 German Flak

Thanks

WW2 German Flak

I have these two casings and know one to be 20mm x 138b Solothern from Flak 30 and Flak 38 Light AA guns stamped on the bottom eej * (maker mark Markishes Gmbh Strausberg Potsdam Germany) 121 h and dated 1943. I dont know the other one or which would have this projectile in if at all. The projectile measures 80mm, both shells are 20mm at the narrowest point and 138mm long and 27mm on the bottom.

DSC00053.jpg
    DSC00054.jpg
    DSC00055.jpg
    DSC00056.jpg
    DSC00058.jpg

Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    The other case is for the MG C/30 for the Kriegsmarine (German Navy).
    The projectile looks to me like a WW1 2cm Becker AP tracer. Is there a little hole in the middle of the base plug? The bodies of these are usually (but not always) nicely stamped-up, as is the base plug. Try look closely for numbers or crowns......

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pysall View Post
    The other case is for the MG C/30 for the Kriegsmarine (German Navy).
    The projectile looks to me like a WW1 2cm Becker AP tracer. Is there a little hole in the middle of the base plug? The bodies of these are usually (but not always) nicely stamped-up, as is the base plug. Try look closely for numbers or crowns......
    Yes there is a little hole in the bottom of the projectile, also a hole in the side. I cannot see any markings on it at all.

Thanks
    The projectile is definitely WW1, it was used on either Becker or Erhardt casings, both being 20x70/RR, but with some differences in construction.
    The two 20x138/B casings are pretty standard, the navy brass one being nice in it's own right as it is an earlier one (1935). The lacquered steel casing is "13 to a dozen"