What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sub-Calibre for RPG.

ron3350

I put this item under Rockets but they are really rocket-boosted grenades or projectiles.

Who can supply information on this item which I assume is a Chinese sub-calibre fired from an RPG somehow. It has no rocket vents.
The item is made of steel with 6 foldable fins and an aluminium screw at the base which is a very coarse 13.5mm diam. (not the usual fine 16mm threads).
What type of charge/motor fires this projectile?

The locating stud at the head means that it locates where the normal 6 vents are on a grenade. It is hollow inside.
Dimensions: Head is 45mm. At stud it is 39.8mm. 35mm body diameter. Overall length is 295mm (11 5/8 ").
All photos and information is welcome. Ron.

Grenade a.jpegGrenade b.jpgGrenade c.jpeg

Hi,

I've seen something similar but with no fins (previous/next version ?). Probably use a standard or reduced RPG propelling charge. They are re-usable several times.

Cheers

S.

They are most likely for the purely-recoilless RPG-2 launcher (gun) and not the RPG-7 recoilless gun, which fires either purely recoilless or recoilless and then rocket boosted projectiles.

If Chinese, then these are respectively the Type 56 and the Type 69.

There's one on the auction circuit right now being marketed as an OG-7V. Exact same item, minus the fins, but painted green and marked with OG-7V markings

Rocket a.jpegRocket b.jpegWhich auction site has this item for sale?

Here are photos of the tail and threads. Different diameters and thread pitches.
16mm diameter with 1.5mm pitch for most rockets. This black item is 13.5mm diameter with 3.0mm pitch.

It was on GB. I messaged him asking questions but never got a response. Assume he didn't relist it when it didn't sell

Last edited: