What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

25 Pounder P59

MarcdeB

I just finished restoring this 1941 dated P59. It is painted in regulation Deep Bronze Green and copied the markings of an original apart from the filling date as my original is dated 9/44. I also added the group label as the original has it painted on.
Maker of the box is PPJ but don't know what it stands for.
I took as much of the dents out as possible. All done by hand.
I have put it up for sale on Marketplace.
0a279b43f79c5474550536b223e780bd.jpg
203c814e179978ce0692951771f6f03f.jpg
8b77ee76ad6817e3fde0e871a79f6194.jpg
95f9fd1ad77adf2be890ea1edd7fbc66.jpg

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

PPJ - Pearson-Page-Jewsbury Co., Ltd., Westwood Works, Witton, Birmingham 6.

TimG

Fantastic job! Looks very authentic. The group labels were decals I thought and shellacked over? Just wondering why you went for Canadian manufacture and filling factories though on a British box?

Fantastic job! Looks very authentic. The group labels were decals I thought and shellacked over? Just wondering why you went for Canadian manufacture and filling factories though on a British box?

I have an original C190 with group label still on it which appears to be plain paper stuck to the box so I simply used similar. Unfortunately I don't have the information of Canadian or British filling factories to apply the correct ones. I simply copied from my original box which in fact is Canadian. Never thought the filling factory could be Canadian too.