What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ROHR Hand Grenade handle

wichitaslumlord

Premium Member
Hello,

I was hoping someone might know of a source for the reproduction handles for the later model cylindrical bodied rohrhandgranate like the one pictured below.
THANKS! Pat
rohrhandgranate.jpg

very simple to make yourself. just brown paper soaked in wallpaper glue wrapped around a suitably sized greased wood dowel a number of times to get a good sturdy thick handle then leave to dry. affix the appropriate label then varnish the whole handle when dry to finish. the bottom cap can be made in a similar fashion. hope this is of help.

Attachments

• rohrhgretiket.jpg
    rohrhgretiket.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 36
Thanks Paul,

I will give it a go and see what I end up with. Do you know of a source for the label? I don't seem to be able to print the one you attached but I am not that fluent on the computer!

Your help is greatly appreciated! Pat

very simple to make yourself. just brown paper soaked in wallpaper glue wrapped around a suitably sized greased wood dowel a number of times to get a good sturdy thick handle then leave to dry. affix the appropriate label then varnish the whole handle when dry to finish. the bottom cap can be made in a similar fashion. hope this is of help.
Hi @ paul the grenade,
the label you show seems to be a translation from another language. The german is very bad. I don't think that such bad language would have been used for an official item label.
bellifortis.