What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fake but accurate

Slick

Akin to noodle bowl mines, I crafted this in that vain. The weather has been oppressively hot (93F/ wind chill 106F)(humility in the 70% range) (y'all can convert to C if you so desire) , all that to say I pretty much stay inside this time of year.

Anyway, years ago, I bought a box of fake MKIIs to give away to visitors to the shed. In digging around, found one and decided it would be a good starting point. For something. In other digging around, I found a bag of pulled .270/7mm projectiles I'd acquired from somewhere. Figured mating the two would make for an interesting thigamajig. Various attempts at attachment, with lots of failures, were made. Finally found one of those glue gizmos that have the little light that quickly hardens the adhesive. SUCCESS! They're actually stuck on there pretty solidly. Haven't dropped it yet to find out how well.

Without further adieu:
spiky nade.jpg

Boredom is an ugly thing.

Last edited:
That is freaking so cool! Great job Nerding Out on it. Too Cool!

Jason

I'm leaning towards "Holy Hand Grenade of Arkansas"

. . .five is right out. . .

Last edited:
"Boredom is an ugly thing."

Indeed, I got a roasted Piglets head and glued it back together and shellacked it --- reminds me of working
at the hospital --- Yes Boredom can be ugly ~
:tinysmile_hmm_t:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 5.38.50 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 5.38.50 PM.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Piglet.jpg
    Piglet.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 25