What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown German WW1 case

JohnR

Hello all,

i stumbled upon this German Case
It is dated 1917 and has a small neck wich i haven't seen a lot on german ww1 cases.
the lenght is 316 mm and the caliber is around 190mm
any idea's on this one?

thanks

obus2.jpgobus 1.jpg

According to my references this is a case for the 18cm Versuch-Haubitze. Dimensions of the case are 190x318R, rim 216,5mm. Pity it's "trench art", but nevertheless nice and rare case.

thanks for the info, i don't seem to find a lot about this gun. does someone has some info or pictures about it?

regards

There is 1 picture with a few lines of info in the book of Herbert Jäger "German Artillery of WW1", page 123 and 124. He referes to 18,5cm Versuchshaubitze L/22 made by Krupp. The gun did not fulfill expectations and only 12 guns were made for trial.

18 cm vershuchshaubitze.jpg18cm.jpg
I've found some pictures on the net. Apparently these guns were only used by the III.Batallion, Reserve-Fussartillerie-Regiment Nr.10 (Batterien 7,8,9).

Last edited:
thank you for the information, interesting case indeed. i have seen one many years ago but it was already sold.
The trench-art are farmers doing their work. It is dated August 1925