What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown sight

There's a red "H30" on the dial face in the last photo that may provide some clues..............I don't think it is British due to the lack of a broad arrow stamp and German ones from memory were well marked.

I love artillery sights, and I collect a few, but I have not seen anything like this. It appears to have a range scale of 4900 meters and a leveling bubble; those make me think it is a mortar sight. It is probably not German, British or Russian.

Belgian indirect fire-sight post-WW1 for captured and reconverted MG08 in 7,65x53. Should also been used for belgian Hotchkiss, but never seen evidence for that.

I know its been a while but do we have any images of this sight in action. WWI German Indirect Fire sights for MGs were used by both Be;gian and Polish inter-war armies - and they dont look like this. Would love to know more.

M8owner if you are still active can you message ref Naval clinometer?
Mark