What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British pheon mark

sksvlad

Any idea what "DѦK" means? It is stamped twice, once in the middle, the second time at 5 o'clock of main hinge screw, the one which allows the barrel to break. The looks of this pheon makes me think of very early 1900's. While at it, why are flare pistol flanged at the muzzle? They are not muzzle loaded.
2021_07070004.jpg

Last edited:
The 1" British No1 Mk111 had a flared section added to the barrel to make it easier to open with a gloved hand when loading. Then called a No1 Mk111* after modification. It is a safety factor too.
I did read it was to protect the user IF the flare fired when cocking but this seems a remote situation?
I cannot help with the pheon marks but I collect all flare pistols with a preference for UK or Australian used examples plus all flare cartridges and packets/tins.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'd like to post more photos but I am not sure of BOCN rules on that. Any idea if flare pistols are allowed here? I am in US.