What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German KC 250 bomb wooden transit case

Peacock

Just wondering - can anyone point me in the direction where I can find the weight of a wooden case for the German KC 250 chemical bomb -especially if intact with all the internal cradles and rope handles? Not so much interested in the weapon or filling - just the wooden case. Even the weight of an SC 250 case would be fine as I reckon they would be about the same weight. Already seen one here:
http://wehrmachts.kisten.free.fr/
but the site owner said he could'nt help......

Interesting to see the crate with external markings for chemical bomb (KC250 III Gr) and internal markings for Flam C 250 (same body)

You're right, it is interesting. I would imagine that the box was first used for the Flammbombe - which were used as air dropped incendiary weapons - then used again as a box for the KC 250 III Gr, which were filled in 1942, notably after the aerial bombardment of the UK was mostly over. Also interesting is the etiquette marked "Geräte 181" (Equipment 181) but I can't get a handle on what that might be. There is a third marking (KC 250 II Gr) which is unusual as this would be phosgene but possibly one letter "I" has been lost over the years?