What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M52/525 Series mortar fuze disassembly

CPCOrd

The cone on the following fuze for a 60MM mortar shell is bent at the end as seen in the picture, thus the PD head does not moved freely and is jammed partially down which forces the striker in to the slider during assembly. I would like to take the brass plate out so I can get into the nose cone; however, I am not sure if I have to unscrew the brass plate or if it is popped into place. I thought maybe I could put something in the tiny slot and turn it out but that does not seem to work. Do I need to apply more force or do I have to push in the pin below it? That doesn't seem to work either. Any help would be appreciated. I also need a slider screw plug. Does anyone know the thread size? It appears to be about 12-18 but I cannot read my thread gage to get an accurate reading. I think 1/2 inch diameter... For those concerned the fuze is totally inert.

Attachments

• IMG_7063.jpg
    IMG_7063.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7064.jpg
    IMG_7064.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7066.jpg
    IMG_7066.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 17