What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German Bombfuze Z 17 AM noZ 17 Bm

Fusse2004

Premium Member
Hello out there !!!! I present you my newest Fuze, it is a German bomb detonator Z 17 Am. with a running time of 2 - 72 hours. Not to be confused with the Z 17 Bm. which has a running time of 120 minutes. The optics of the 2 Fuze are exactly the same, only painted in the colors AM = green, Bm = dead. This Fuze was built into German aerial bombs, which then served as a booby trap. See image. This Fuze is super rare, even in this condition. Harry

Attachments

• Z 17 Am1.JPG
    Z 17 Am1.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Z 17 Am2.JPG
    Z 17 Am2.JPG
    262.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Z 17 Am3.jpg
    Z 17 Am3.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Z 17 Am4.JPG
    Z 17 Am4.JPG
    263.3 KB · Views: 39
  • SD 50 als Sprengfalle.jpg
    SD 50 als Sprengfalle.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 51
Never heard of it. Is there any docs about it available online ?
Hi @sgdbdr,
up till now I also never found any technical documentation about this fuze. It's a pure deferred demolition fuze. It has exactly the same setup as the Z 17 mB, only the movements differ a little. So, as @Fusse2004 said already, you should use the Z 17 mB description . They use "Thiel"-movements. The movements should be the same as in ELAZ 17 A and ELAZ 17 B. This fuze is only mentioned in Airforce manuals, no further description.
Bellifortis.

Hello out there !!!! I present you my newest Fuze, it is a German bomb detonator Z 17 Am. with a running time of 2 - 72 hours. Not to be confused with the Z 17 Bm. which has a running time of 120 minutes. The optics of the 2 Fuze are exactly the same, only painted in the colors AM = green, Bm = dead. This Fuze was built into German aerial bombs, which then served as a booby trap. See image. This Fuze is super rare, even in this condition. Harry

Hallo @Fusse2004,
du schreibst das der Z (17) Am grün und der Z (17) B rot (red) lackiert sind. Dein Modell ist rot lackiert (Luftwaffe Zeitzünder Farbe) aber Z (17) Am gestempelt. Ich habe ein absolut identisches Modell gesehen, das auf der obersten Abdeckscheibe 17 Bm eingestempelt hatte und auf dem Körper nur cpp 6 Y und der Abnahmestempel. Einen grün lackierten hat ja vor kurzer Zeit ein Mtglied hier eingestellt. Könnten die grün lackierten für den Armeegebrauch bestimmt gewesen sein ? Was meinst du dazu ?
Bellifortis.

Last edited: