What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bounding anti personel mine NR.442 with fuze NR.2110

pzgr40

Premium Member
Cutaway model of an Anti personel mine NR.442 with fuze NR.2110. The mine is of Belgian origin, manufactured by the PRB factory.
This mine is of the bounding type, jumping 0,95 mtr up before detonating.

Build up and functioning of the mine:
De mine is build up of two main parts: The outer container that hurdles the mine up into the air and the mine itself.
The mine exists of a machined steel lower flange over which a pressed metal container placed over a rim on the outside of the lower flange. Inside of the container two cylinder shaped windings of square wire (4x4mm) are placed . This wire is –over the length- cut to a depth of 1,5mm each 4 mm..
The cylinder and the lower flange are held together by means of three aluminium pipes which are trumpet rolled on both ends to enshure a tight connection between both parts. One of the pipes is threaded inside on the top to receive the fuze NR.2110, the lower part of the pipe has a rim on which the powder expulsion charge rests.
In the lower part of the central channel an internal pull-release fuze is placed. It exists of a firing pin -with a weak tensioned firing pin spring- which is held in position by an U-shaped spoon with an opening which fits over a diameter recess in the lower part of the firing pin.
On expulsion of the mine from the outer cylinder, the wire will -when completely stretched out – tension the firing pin spring by pulling the firing pin backward up to a moment where the U shaped spoon is pulled away.
The firing pin will now move forward into the firing cap (red) igniting the detonator.
Above the firing pin the firing cap is placed into a screwed in housing.
In top of the central channel two plugs are placed into each other. The large plug is used for casting the (0,56 kg) TNT main charge and placement of the penthrite (pink) booster charges, the small one for placing the detonator. The small plug has a rod that keeps the detonator in the lower position.
A 0,95 mtr. long steel cable connects the U-shaped spoon with the outer container.
On top of the mine a ring is placed over which the thinner top rim of the outer container is rolled. Between the mine, the rim and the pot a thin layer of watertight putty is present.

The fuze Nr.2110 is a pressure, tilt and rotation sensitive fuze (see explanation in attached PDF). Below the firing cap a four seconds powder delay charge is placed to enshure the person that activated the mine has stepped off the mine before it is launched upward.

Weight of the mine is 4,5 Kg.

Regards, DJH

Attachments

• 01 - AP mine NR.442.JPG
    01 - AP mine NR.442.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 02 - AP mine NR.442 Bounding position.JPG
    02 - AP mine NR.442 Bounding position.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 03 - Fuze Nr.2110.JPG
    03 - Fuze Nr.2110.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 26