What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Needed US Army Trg POMZ 2

Richard709

Hi, Does anyone have any information or photos of this training mine or manuals. The VMRUD in the last two photo's is for scale as its big and heavy.

Web US Army Trg POMZ 2 001.jpgWeb US Army Trg POMZ 2 002.jpgWeb US Army Trg POMZ 2 003.jpgWeb US Army Trg POMZ 2 004.jpgUS Army Trg POMZ 2 005.jpgUS Army Trg POMZ 2 008.jpgUS Army Trg POMZ 2 009.jpgUS Army Trg POMZ 2 010.jpgWeb US Army Trg POMZ 2 011.jpg

All help greatly appreciated. Rich

I have absolutely no idea, I also think it is missing several pieces hence the request for a Manual. Looks to me once activated?? it lets off smoke delivered by the pipe sticking out the side???.

It had a small red dye pack in it. And functioned as a normal one would. part of a mine training system from around 1969 or so. There were other mines, most found in VN. I'll see if I still have them in my mine folder

Normally the POMZ-2 was used with the old UV pullfuze, only in the early years of WW2. In the 2. half of WW2 already the POMZ-2M was introduced with a flat top and threaded for the MD-5M detonator with MUV pullfuze. These can't be used in the old model. But, both fuzes sat on top of the minebody with a pullwire attached. There is no receptacle on the top of the above training device.