What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radway Green 7.62 x 51mm headstamps

Brian C

Afternoon Gents
wondering if anyone has any information on these 7.62 headstamps? both produced by Radway Green
thanks
Brian

Attachments

• Snip20210826_1.jpg
    Snip20210826_1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Snip20210826_2.jpg
    Snip20210826_2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 30
Hello Brian,

The first case you show was made for a target shooter/dealer from Nottingham, who operated under the name of "Tunnel Services" (I think he had a full-bore range which operated in a disused railway tunnel).

I remember seeing some of the Nottinghamshire RA shooters at Bisley using this ammo back in the 1980s/90s. I do not know if the firm still operates.

The second case is from a Lot that the NRA had made by RG, for the NRA to sell to reloaders. How many were made, and whether they sold very quickly, I do not know; possibly the Range Office at Bisley still has some!

Regards,
Roger.

Hi Roger
Many thanks for the quick reply, i've been busy going through my 7.62 collection recently and these 2 have had me stumped for a while, your knowledge has been a great help mate, very much appreciated
cheers
Brian