What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MI AP DV59 non magnetic anti personel mine (Nr22C1 in the Netherlands)

pzgr40

Premium Member
Cutaway model of a French MI AP DV59 non magnetic anti personel mine (also called M59). This mine was also used by the Netherlands army under the designation Nr.22C1 inktpot (inkstand). The minebody as well as the fuze is plastic made and contains no metal parts. The fuze used is the AL PR ID 59 friction igniter. The pressure plunjer inside the fuze (white) has a conical lower side, which rests in a conical hole. Between the two cones a friction compound is placed.
If one steps on the pressure plunjer and pushes the cones in one another, the match composition ignites, passing a flame into the detonator (transparant bushing with white filler), igniting the main charge of the mine.
The mine has been used in Angola , Mozambique and all sides in Lebanon.
A steel ring can be placed between the fuze and the mine body to enable the mine to be found by a metal detector.

Diameter : 62 mm
Heighth : 55 mm
Weight : 130 grams
Weight explosive charge : 70 grams of TNT
Operation pressure : 5 kg

Regards, DJH

Attachments

• Mi AP DV59 cutaway  (France),or Nr.22C1 inktpot (Netherlands).JPG
    Mi AP DV59 cutaway (France),or Nr.22C1 inktpot (Netherlands).JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 31
  • MI AP DV59 backside  (France), or Nr.22C1inktpot (Netherlands).JPG
    MI AP DV59 backside (France), or Nr.22C1inktpot (Netherlands).JPG